THE ACTIVITY OF GOD IN THE BIBLE - JOHN - CHAPTER 15 - 21 PART III

 The Activity of God


Going through the Bible, book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse, phrase by phrase and word by word to give attention to the following:
--the Names of God;
--the word & deeds of God;
--the sayings of God;
--the attributes of God;

Too often the churches weakness and the Christians weakness is found in this one sin, 'we do not know God'.  We have not studied the Bible, nor Him to learn more of Him.  Seeking that this might be a help for myself and others in this pursuit that each of us 'may grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord.

JOHN
Chapter 15
15:1       I am the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman.      Christ is the true vine;  God the Father is the husbandman;  Christs' Father;
15:2      Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away:  and every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it, taht it may bring forth more fruit.      Christ to have branch in Him, HIs servants; God the Father takes away those that bear not; Christ servants in Him, that bears fruit;  God purges those that abide in Him and bear fruit;  God desires for them to bear more fruit;
15:3     Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.     And God said/spoke;  Christ is the Word;  Christ makes them clean;
15:4       Abide in Me, and I in you, As the branch cannto bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine, no more can ye, except ye abide in Me.      Christ declares they are to abide in Him;  Christ to abide in us;   Christ uses vine and branch for example;  Christ servants to bear fruit only by abiding in Him;
15:5      I am the vine, ye are the branches.  He that abideth in Me, and I in Him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:  for without Me ye can do nothing.       Christ is vine;  Christ servants are branches;  Christ to abide in;  Christ to abide in us;  Christ servants that abide in Him, and He in them bears much fruit;  Christ is the only way anything can be done;
15:6       If a man abide not in Me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.      Christ not abided is cast forth;  Christ warns of these to be cast into hell fire and burned for ever;
15:7      IF ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you.      Christ to be abided in;  Christ words to abide in us;   And God said/spoke;    Christ promises that what we ask it shall be done;
15:8     Herein is the Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit,; so shall ye be My disciples.    God the Father glorified when bear much fruit;  Christ disciples if ye do such;
15:9      As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you:  continue ye in My love.      God the Father loved Christ;   Christ loved them;  Christ bids them to continue in HIs love;  Christ love;
15:10      If ye keep My commandments ye shall abide in My love:  even as I have kept My Father's commandment, and abide in His love.       the Lord commanded (2);   Christ bids them keep His commandments and they shall abide in His love;  Christ love;  Christ kept Father's commandments;  God's love in abided in;
15:11      These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.      And God said/spoke;  Christ joy to remain in them;  Christ promises them if so, their joy in Him would be full;
15:12       This is My commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.      the Lord commanded;   Christ command to them, that they love one another;  Christ loved them;
15:13       Greater love hath no man that this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.      Christ defines greater love is to lay one's life down for them;  Christ laid down His life for them;  Christ friends';
15:14       Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.     Christ friends;  the Lord commanded;  Christ commands done by His friends;
15:15       Henceforth I call you not servants, for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth:  but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of My Father i Have made known unto you.      And God said/spoke;    Christ calls them not servants;   Christ calls them friends; Christ heard the Father speak these things;  Christ makes known what the Father hath said; Christ Father;  God the Father;
15:16       Ye have not chosen Me, but i have chosen you, and ordained you, taht ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in My Name, HE may give it you.      Christ chose them; Christ not chosen by them; Christ ordains them; Christ bids them go and bring forth fruit;  God the Father to be asked in Christ Name; God the Father may give it;
15:17       These things I command you, that ye love one another.      the Lord commanded;   Christ commands them to love one another;
15:18       IF the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you.      Christ hated by the world;
15:19       If ye were of the world, the world would love his own:  but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.       Christ chose them out of the world;  Christ declares to them of the love and hate of the world and whose/Whose they are;
15:20       Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his Lord, iIf they have persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept My saying, they will keep your also.      Christ bids them remember His Word;  And God said/spoke;  Christ persecuted; Christ disciples and followers to be persecuted;  Christ saying kept;
15:21       But all these things will they do unto you for My Name's sake, because they know not Him that sent ME.      Christ declares what they will do to them for His Name's sake;  Christ Name sake; God the Father not know by them;  Christ sent by Father;
15:22      If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin, but now they have no cloke for their sin.      Christ came and spoke to them;  And God said/spoke;  
15:23      He that hateth Me hateth My Father also.      Christ hated;  God the Father hated also;
15:24       If I had not done among them the works which none other man did they had not had sin, but, now have they both sinned and hated both Me and My Father.      Christ did many mighty works among them;  Christ hated;  God the Father hated;
15:25      But this cometh to pass that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law.  They hated Me without a cause.     Christ declares why it is come to pass;  And God said/spoke;  God's word fulfilled;  Christ and God the Father hated without a cause;
15:26      But when the Comforter is come Whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me:       God the Holy Ghost is the Comforter; Holy Ghost is come;  I will's of God to send Holy ghost;  Holy Ghost sent from the Father by Christ;  Holy Ghost is Spirit of truth; Holy Ghost proceedeth forth from Father; I will's of God to testify of Christ;
15:27       And ye also shall bear witness because ye have been with me from the beginning.     Christ to be borne witness of by Christ disciples;  Christ with by them from the beginning;
Chapter 16
16:1       These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.     And God said/spoke;   Christ spoke these things to them that they should be offended in Him;
16:2      whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.    God's service falsely thought by men that kill Christ's disciples;
16:3      And those things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor Me.     Christ warns of what they will do to them for not knowing God the Father nor Christ;  God the Father not known; Christ not known;
16:4       But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them.  And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.      And God said/spoke (3);   Christ told them these things;  Christ with them;
16:5      Buyt now I go My way to Him that sent Me:  and none of you asketh Me, Whither goest Thou?      Christ is preparing to go His way back to Father;  God the Father sent Christ;   Christ not asked where He was going;  Christ asks a question;
16:6     But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.      And God said/spoke;    Christ told them these things and they are filled with sorrow; Christ knows they are filled in their hearts with sorrow;  Omniscient;
16:7        Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away:  for if I go, not away, the Comforter will not come unto you:  but if I depart I will send Him unto you.      and God said/spoke;   Christ tells them the truth;  Christ must go away;  Christ goes not away, Comforter will not come;  I will's of God for Comforter to not come if Christ goes not away;  Christ departs and Holy Ghost will come;  I will's of God to send Holy Ghost when Christ departs;
16:8       And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.     God the Holy Ghost to come;  I will's of God to reprove world of sin, righteousness and judgment;
16:9      Of sin, because they beleive not on Me;     Christ not believed on is sin;
16:10      Of righteousness, because I go to My Father, and ye see me no more.      Christ goes to God the Father;    Christ not seen any more;
16:11       Of judgment, because the prince of htis world is judged.     Christ reveals judgement upon Satan;
16:12      I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.       And God said/spoke;   Christ has many things to tell them, but they are not ready for them;
16:13       Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth:  for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall HE speak, and HE will shew you things to come.        God's Name - Spirit of truth;  I will's of God, Holy Ghost will come;  I will's of God Holy Ghost will guide them into all truth;  God the HOly Spirit to not speak of Himself;  God the HOly Spirit to speak what He has heard;  I will's of God to show them things to come;
16:14       He shall glorify Me:  for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you.       Christ to be glorified by Holy Spirit;  God the Holy Spirit to receive of Christ's ;   God the Holy Ghost to show it unto them;
16:15       All things that the Father hath are Mine:  therfore said I that He shall take of Mine, and shall shew it unto you.       God the Father's things are Christ;   And God said/spoke;   God the Holy Spirit shall take of Christ and show it unto them;
16:16       A little while, and ye shall not see Me:  and again, a little while, and ye shall see Me, because I go to the Father.     Christ seen for a little while;  Christ not seen any more;  Christ seen in a little while;  Christ goes to God the Father;
16:17       Then said some of His disciples among themselves, What is this that He saith unto us, a little while, and ye shall not see Me:  and again, a little while, and ye shall see Me:  and, Because I go to the Father?        Christ disciples questions what Christ has said;  And God said/spoke;   Christ to not be seen in a little while;  Christ to be seen in a little while;  Christ to go the Father;  
16:18      They said therefore, What is this that He saith, A little while?  we cannot tell what He saith.     Christ disciples questions what HE hath said;  And God said/spoke;    
16:19       Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask Him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that i said, A little while, and ye shall not see Me:  and again, a little while, and ye shall see Me?       Christ knows their questioning;  Omniscient;  Christ desired to be asked of what HE had said;   And God said/spoke;  Christ asks of them a question;   Christ not seen in a little while; Christ to be seen in a little while;
16:20       Veirly, verily, I say utno you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice; and ye shall be sorrowful but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.       And God said/spoke;    Christ foretells them what shall be; Omnipresent;   Christ declares they shall sorrow and lament  and weep, but it shall be turned into joy;
16:22      And ye now therefore have sorrow:  but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.      Christ declares to them they shall have sorrow;  I will's of God to see them again;  Christ tells them they shall rejoice and have joy;
16:23       IN that day ye shall ask Me nothing, Verily, verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My Name, He will give it you.   Christ declares to them that in that day they shall ask Him nothing;  And God said/spoke;    God the Father asked for things in Christ Name and it shall be given them;  Christ Name asked and given;
16:24       Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My Name:  ask, and ye shall rejoice, that your joy may be full.     Christ asked nothing in His Name yet;  Christ declares to them to ask and they shall rejoice and joy be full;
16:25      These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs:  but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.       And God said/spoke;  Christ speaks to them in proverbs now;  Christ shall no more speak in proverbs;   Christ shall show plainly the Father;  God the Father to be shown to them;
16:26      At that day ye shall ask in My Name:  and i say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:      Christ Name prayer to be made;  And God said/spoke;   I will's of God to pray the Father for us;  
16:27       For the Father Himself loveth you, because ye have loved Me, and have believed that I came out from God.       God the Father love you;   Christ loved, thus the Father loves them for loving the Son; Christ believed on that He came from God;
16:28        I came forth from the Father, and an come into the world:  again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.      Christ came forth from Father;  Christ came into the world;  Christ leaves the world;  Christ goes to the Father;
16:29       His disciples said unto Him, Lo, now speakest Thou plainly, and speakest no proverb,       Christ disciples speak unto Him;  Christ spoken to; Christ speaks plains;  Christ disciples understand Him;
16:30      Now are we sure that Thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask Thee:  by this we believe that Thou camest forth from God.      Christ knows all things;  Omniscient; Christ need not ask anybody anything; Christ came forth from God;
16:31      Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?       And God said/spoke;  Christ asks them a question;  Christ answers them; 
16:32      Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave Me alone:  and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.      Christ tells them the hour that is come;  Christ shall be left alone;  Christ not alone;  God the Father is with Christ;
16:33       These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation:  but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.       And God said/spoke;   Christ to give peace;  Christ declares to them they shall have tribulation;  Christ has overcome the world; 
Chapter 17
17:1      These words spake Jesus, and lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come glorify Thy Son, that Thy Son also may glorify Thee:     And God said/spoke;    Christ lifts up His eyes;  God they Father prayed to by Christ;   Christ asks Father to glorify Him;  Christ the Son to glorify the Father;
17:2       As Thou hast given Him power over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as Thou hast given Him.       God the Father gave Christ power over all flesh;  Christ to giver eternal life;  God the Father gave Christ those for eternal life;
17:3       And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom Thou hast sent.     God the Father to be known for eternal life;  Christ sent by God the Father;
17:4       I have glorified Thee in the earth:  I have finished the works which Thou gavest Me to do.      Christ glorified the Father in the earth;  Christ finished the works which God the Father gave Him to do;  God the Father gave Him works to do;  
17:5      And now, O Father, glorify Thou Me with Thine Own Self with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was.       Christ asks Father to glorify Him with Their glory;  God the Father asked to glorify Christ with His Own Self glory;  Christ had glory of God with Him before world was;  God the father and Christ together in glory before world was;
17:6       I have manifest Thy Name unto the men which Thou gavest Me out of the world:  Thine they were, and Thou gavest them Me:  and they have kept Thy Word.      Christ manifested God's Name unto men given Him by God the Father;  God the Father gave Christ men out of the world;  God the Father's they were;  God the Father gave them to Christ;  God's Word kept by them;
17:7        Now they have known that all things whatsoever Thou hast given Me are of Thee.      God the Father givest to Christ;  Christ given what was of God the Father;
17:8       For I have given unto them the words which Thou gavest Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from Thee, and they have believed that Thou didst send Me.      Christ gave them words of God;  And God said/spoke;  God the Father gave words to Christ;  Christ came out of Father;  God the Father did send Christ;
17:9       I pray for them:  I pray not for the world, but for them which Thou hast given Me, for they are Thine.      Christ prays; Christ prays not for the world; Christ prays for those God the Father gave Him; God the Father gave Christ these men; God the Father's men;
17:10       And all Mine are Thine, and Thine are Mine; and I am glorified in them.     God the Father's are Christ's; Christ's are the Father's; Christ glorified in them;
17:11       And now I am no more in this world, but these are in the world, and I come to Thee, Holy Father, keep through Thine Own Name those whom Thou hast given Me, that they may be one, as We are.       Christ no more in the world;  Christ to come to Holy Father;  Christ asks God the Father to keep His Own;  God the Father gave them to Christ; Christ asks that they may be one, as God the FAther and Christ are one/;Father and Son are one, We;
17:12       While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy Name:  those that Thou gavest Me I have kept and none of them is lost, but they son of perdition; that the Scripture might be fulfilled.      Christ with them in the world; Christ kept them in God the Father's Name;  God the Father gave them to Christ;  Christ kept and none lost, but son of perdition;  And God said/spoke;  God's Word fulfilled;
17:13       And now I come to Thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have My joy fulfilled in themselves.       Christ comes to God the Father; And God said/spoke;  Christ speaks in world;  Christ joy to be fulfilled in them;  
17:14       I have given them Thy Word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.        Christ gives them God's Word;  And God said/spoke; Christ disciples hated; Christ not of this world;
17:15       I pray not that Thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that Thou shouldest keep them from the evil.      Christ prays that God would not take them out of the world;   Christ prays that God should keep them from evil;
17:16        They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.     Christ not of the world; Christ's disciples not of the world;
17:17       Sanctify them through Thy truth:  Thy word is truth.      Christ prays for God to sanctify them His truth; God's Word is truth; And God said/spoke;
17:18      As Thou hast sent Me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.       God the Father sent Christ into the world;  Christ sends His disciples into the world;
17:19       And for their sake I sanctify Myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.     Christ sanctified Himself;  Christ disciples to be sanctified through His truth;
17:20        Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word;       Christ prays not for these alone; Christ prays also for those to come that believe on Him through the Word;  And God said/spoke;    Christ believed on through Word;
17:21      That they all may be one; as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us:  that the world may believe that Thou hast sent Me.      Christ prayer for the church to be one;  God the Father in Christ; Christ in the Father;  God the FAther and Christ allow church to be one with them;  God the Father sent Christ;
17:22       And the glory which Thou gavest Me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:      God the Father gave Christ glory;  Christ gave glory to them;  Christ prays for church to be one as God is One;  God the Father and Christ one;
17:23       I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and hast love them, as Thou hast loved Me.      Christ in them; God the Father in Christ; Christ desires for church to perfect in their oneness;  God the Father sent Christ;  God and Christ has loved them;  God the Father loved Christ;
17:24       Father, I will that they also, whom Thou hast give Me, be with Me where I am; that they may behold My glory, which Thou hast given Me:  for Thou lovedst Me before the foundation of the world.      I will's of God that Christ asks the Father for church to be with Him;   God the Father has given them to Christ;  Christ where He is and we with Him; Christ glory to behold;  God the Father gave Christ this glory; God the Father loved Christ before foundation of world;
17:25       O righteous Father, the world hath not known Thee:  but I have known Thee, and these have known that Thou hast sent Me:     God the Father is righteous;  God the Father not known by world; Christ hast know Father;  God the Father sent Christ;
17:26        And I have declared unto them Thy Name, and will declare it:  that the love wherewith Thou hast loved Me may be in them, and I in them.      And God said/spoke;  Christ declares God's Name;  I will's of God for Christ to declare Name of God; God the Father loved Christ;  God's love in them; Christ in them;
Chapter 18
18:1       When Jesus had spoken these words, He went forth with His disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which He entered, and HIs disciples.      And God said/spoke;  Christ went forth with His disciples into garden; Christ disciples;  Christ entered and His disciples entered;
18:2     And Judas also, which betrayed Him, knew the place:  for Jesus ofttimes resorted thither with His disciples.    Christ betrayed;  Christ often resorted to this place with His disciples;  Christ disciples;
18:4      Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon Him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?      Christ knoweth all things;  Omniscient; Christ knew that which was to come upon Him, Omnipresent;  Christ went forth;  And God said/spoke;   Christ asked them a question;
18:5      They answered Him, Jesus of Nazareth.  Jesus saith unto them, I am He.  And Judas also, which betrayed HIm, stood with them.     Christ answered;  Christ Name - Jesus of Nazareth;  Christ sought;  And God said/spoke;  Christ affirms He is; Christ betrayed;  
18:6     As soon then as He had said unto them, I am He, they went backward, and fell to the ground.     And God said/spoke;  Christ words affirm He is;  Christ words drives them backward;
18:7     Then said He then again, Whom seek ye?  And they said, Jesus of Nazareth.     And God said/spoke;  Christ asks question;  Christ answered;  Christ Name - Jesus of Nazareth;  
18:8      Jesus answered, I have told you that I am He:  if therefore ye seek Me, let these go theri way.     Christ answers them;  And God said/spoke;   Christ affirms, He is;  Christ sought; Christ directs to them to let these go away;
18:9       That the saying might be fulfilled, which He spake, Of them which Thou gavest Me have I lost none.      And God said/spoke; (2);  God's word fulfilled; God the Father gave them to Christ;  Christ lost none;
18:11      Then said Jesus unto PEter, Put up thy sword into the sheath:  the cup which My Father hath given Me, shall I not drink it?      Christ rebukes Peter;  And God said/spoke;   Christ yielding to God the Father's cup given Him to drink;  Christ ask a question;;  Christ's Father obeyed;
18:12      Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound Him.    Christ taken;  Christ bound;
18:13      And led Him away to Annas first;     Christ led away to Annas;
18:14      Now Caiaphas was he, which gave counsel to the Jews, that it was expedient that one man should die for the people.       Christ prophecy of one to die for nation;   
18:15      And Simon Peter followed Jesus and so did another disciple:  that disciple was known unto the high priest, and went in with Jesus into the palace of the high priest.      Christ followed by Peter and John;   Christ went into high priest;
18:17       Then saith the damsel that kept the door unto Peter, Art not thou one of this Man's disciples?  He saith, I am not.     Christ disciples;  Christ denied by Peter;
18:19       The high priest then asked Jesus of His disciples, and of His doctrine.      Christ asked questions by high priest;  Christ asked about His disciples; Christ asked about His doctrine;
18:20      Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whether the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.     Christ answers him;  And God said/spoke (2);   Christ spake openly;  Christ taught; Christ said nothing in secret;
18:21       Why askest Thou Me?  ask them which heard Me, what I have said unto them:  behold they know what I said.      Christ asks a question;  And God said/spoke (2);  Christ not to be asked about what HE said;  Christ declares to them to ask those that heard Him what He said;  Christ heard; Christ words known what HE said;  
18:22      And when He had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, Answerest Thou the high priest so?     And God said/spoke;  Christ struck;  Christ questioned falsely for what He had said to high priest;  
18:23       Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why smitest Thou Me?     Christ answers him;  Christ asks a question; Christ did not speak evil;  Christ teaches he who struck him to bear witness if He had spoken evil;  Christ questioned him why he struck Him; Christ smote;
18:24     Now Annas had sent Him bound unto Caiaphas the high priest.    Christ sent to Caiaphas the high priest;  Christ bound;
18:25     Art not thou also one of His disicples?  He denied it, and said, I am not.     Christ disciples;  Christ denied by Peter of being one of His';
18:26      Did not I see thee in the garden with HIm?     Christ with Peter in garden seen and questioned about;
18:27      Peter denied again, and immediately the cock crew.     Christ denied by Peter;
18:28        Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment:  and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgement hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the passover.       Christ led from Caiaphas unto judgment hall;
18:29      What accusation bring ye against this man?    Christ accused by them;
18:30      They answered and said unto him, If He were not a malefactor, we should not have delivered Him up unto thee.      Christ a malefactor; Christ delivered up to Pilate;
18:31       Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye Him, and judge Him according to your law.  The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death.      Christ to be taken and judged by Jews law said Pilate;  Christ to put to death, sought and said the Jews;
18:32       That the saying of Jesus might be fulfilled, which He spake, signifying what death He should die.      And God said/spoke;  Christ saying to come to pass;  Christ should die the death that HE spake;  Christ Word fulfilled;
18:33     Then Piliate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto Him, Art Thou the King of the Jews?      Christ called for by Pilate;  Christ questioned; Christ the King of the Jews;
18:34       Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of Me?    Christ answers him with a question;  Christ spoken of by others;  
18:35      Pilate answered, Am I a Jew?  Thine Own nation and the chief priests have delivered Thee unto me:  what hast Thou done?     Christ answered by Pilate; Christ own nation; Christ delivered to Pilate by chief priests;  Christ asked a question;  Christ asked, what He had done;
18:36      Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world:  if any kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews:  but now is My kingdom not from hence.      Christ answers him;  Christ kingdom not of this world; Christ servants would fight for Him; Christ would not be delivered into hands of Jews;  Christ kingdom not from hence;
18:37        Pilate therefore said unto Him, Art Thou a king then?  Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king, To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth.  Every one that is of the truth heareth My voice.      Christ asked a question;  Christ answers him;  And God said/spoke;  Christ is King; Christ born; Christ cause to come into the world for truth sake; Christ bears witness of truth;  Christ voice heard of those that know truth;
18:38       Pilate saith unto Him, What is truth?  And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in Him no fault at all.      Christ asked question;  Christ asked what is truth; Christ found with no fault at all;
18:39      will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews?     Christ is King of Jews;  Christ sought to be released;
18:40      Then cried they all again, saying, Not his Man, but Barabbas.    Christ called 'this Man';  Christ rejected by people; 
Chapter 19
19:1      Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged Him.    Christ taken;  Christ scourged;
19:2      And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on His head, and they put on Him a purple robe,      Christ head platted a crown of thorns; Christ placed on with a purple robe;
19:3      And said, Hail, King of the Jews!  and they smote Him with their hands.      Christ called King of the Jews;  Christ mocked and hailed; Christ smote with hands;
19:4      Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring Him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in Him.      Christ brought forth; Christ no fault found in Him;
19:5      Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe.  And Pilate saith unto them, Behold, the Man!      Christ came forth; Christ wearing crown of thorns and purple robe;   Christ called, Behold the Man;
19:6      When the chief priests therefore and officers saw Him, they cried out, saying, Crucify Him, crucify Him.  Pilate saith unto them, Take ye Hm, and crucify Him:  for I find no fault in HIm.     Christ seen; Christ rejected and betrayed and they call for Him to be crucified;  Christ to be taken and crucified;  Christ no fault found in Him;
19:7      The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law He ought to die, because He made Himself the Son of God.    Christ sought by rulers to be killed and die; Christ did not make Himself Son of God; Christ is the Son of God;
19:9      And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art Thou?  But Jesus gave him no answer.      Christ asked question;  Christ asked from where He was;  Christ answers him not;
19:10     Then saith Pilate unto Him, Speakest Thou not unto Me?  knowest Thou not that I have power to crucify Thee, and have power to release Thee?     Christ addressed and rebuked for not answering him;  Christ asked two question;  Christ knows;  Christ to be crucified;  Christ released;
19:11      Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against Me, except it were given thee fro above:  therefore he that delivered Me unto thee hath the greater sin.     Christ answers him; Christ hath no power against him unless given to him by God; God above gave him authority;  Christ delivered into their hands with the greater sin;
19:12      And from henceforth Pilate sought to release Him:  but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this Man go, thou art not Caesar's friend:  whosoever maketh Himself a king speaketh against Caesar.     Christ sought to be released by Pilate;  Christ called Man;  Christ accused of making Himself King, but Christ was King of Kings; 
19:13       When Pilate therefore heard that saying, He brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.     Christ brought forth;
19:14       Behold your King!     Christ declared by Pilate King of the Jews;
19:15      But they cried out, Away with Him, away with Him, crucify Him.  Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify you King?  The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.      Christ rejected and shouted, away with Him;  Christ desired to be crucified by them;   Christ question by Pilate to be crucified;  
19:16       Then delivered he Him therefore unto them to be crucified.  And they took Jesus, and led Him away.     Christ delivered to be crucified;  Christ taken;  Christ led away;
19:17       And He bearing His cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, Which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:       Christ bears His cross;  Christ went forth to Golgotha;  
19:18       Where they crucified Him, and two other with Him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.      Christ crucified; Christ in the midst of two thieves;
19:19       Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross.  And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.        Christ title written by Pilate;  Christ Name - Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews;
19:20       This title then read many of the Jews:  for the place where Jesus was crucified was night to the city:  and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.      Christ called Jesus;  Christ crucified place;
19:21       Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews:  but that He said, I am King of the Jews.       Christ Name, King of the Jews (2);  And God said/spoke;   
19:23       Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also His coat:  now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.      Christ called Jesus;  Christ crucified;  Christ garments divided;  Christ coat;
19:24    They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be:  that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted My raiment among them, and for My vesture they did cast lots.  These things therefore the soldiers did.     and God said/spoke;   God's word fulfilled;  Christ raiment;  Christ's vesture they cast lots;
19:25       Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.      Christ cross;  Christ mother; Christ's mothers sister;  
19:26       When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple standing by, whom He loved, He saith unto His mother, Woman, behold thy son!       Christ sees His mother; Christ mother; Christ loved John; And God said/spoke;   Christ mother; Christ the son of Mary;
19:27       Then saith He to the disciple, Behold, thy mother!  And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.       And God said/spoke;    Christ makes John take care of Mary;     
19:28       After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accopmlished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.      Christ knowing all things accomplished; Omniscient; And God said/spoke (2); God's word fulfilled;  Christ thirsted;
19:29       and put it to His mouth      Christ mouth offered vinegar;
19:30        When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, It is finished:  and He bowed His head, and gave up the ghost.        Christ received vinegar;  And God said/spoke;   Christ finished God's work; Christ declares it to be done; Christ bows His head;  Christ gives up ghost, spirit of living;
19:32       and of the other which was crucified with Him.    Christ crucified with others;
19:33        But when they came to Jesus and saw that HE was dead already, they brake not His legs.      Christ came to;  Christ already dead; Christ legs not broken like others;
19:34       But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced His side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.       Christ pierced in side;
19:35     And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true:  and and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.     Christ record is true;  And God said/spoke;
19:36       For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of Him shall not be broken.      And God said/spoke;  Christ bones not broken in fulfillment of Scripture;  God's Word comes to pass;
19:37       And again another scripture saith, They shall look on Him Whom they pierced.      And God said/spoke;  Christ looked on;  Christ Whom they pierced;
19:39        And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus:  and Pilate gave him leave.  He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.       Christ disciples;   Christ body besought to be taken; Christ body taken;
19:40        Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.       Christ body taken;  Christ body wound in line clothes with spices; 
19:41       Now in the place where He was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid.       Christ place of crucified a garden for His burial;
19:42        They laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was night at hand.      Christ body laid in sepulchre;
Chapter 20
20:2      Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid HIm.        Christ loved John; Christ called Lord; Christ body thought to be taken away and not known where it was;
20:7       And the napkin, that was about His head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.      Christ head wrapped with napkin;
20:9       For as yet they knew not the scripture, that HE must rise again from the dead.      And God said/spoke; Christ fulfills Scripture by rising again;  Christ rises from the dead;
20:12      And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.      God sends two angels to speak to them; Christ body had lain;
20:13       And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou?  She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid Him.      God's angels asks a question;  God's angels ask why she wept; Christ gone and she knows not where;  Christ falsely claimed He was taken away; Christ falsely claimed He had been lain somewhere else;
20:14      And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.      Christ seen standing;  Christ standing;  Christ not known;
20:15      Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou?  whom seekest thou?  She, supposing Him to be the gardener, saith utno Him, Sir, if Thou have borne Him hence, tell me where thou hast laid Him, and i will take Him away.        And God said/spoke;  Christ asks her a question (2); Christ falsely though to be the gardner and had taken Him away; Christ sought be taken away by Mary;
20:16       Jesus saith unto her, Mary.  She turned herself, and saith unto Him, Rabboni, which is to say, Master.      And God said/spoke;  Christ speaks her name;  Christ recognized;  Christ Name - Rabboni, Master;
20:17       Jesus saith unto her, Touch Me not; for I am not yet ascended to My Father, but go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God.     And God said/spoke;   Christ bids her not touch to touch Him; Christ declares He must first ascend to God the father;  God the Father is His Father and her Father; Christy brethren;   Christ ascends to His God and her God;
20:18      Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that He had spoken these things unto her.       Christ disciples told of His resurrection;  Christ seen by her; And God said/spoke;  Christ spoke these things to her;
20:19    Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.     Christ comes to His disciples;  Christ stands in their midst;  And God said/spoke;  Christ declares peace unto them;
20:20       And when He had so said, He shewed unto them His hands and His side.  Then were the disciples glad when they saw the Lord.      And God said/spoke;  Christ showed them His hands and side;  Christ hands;  Christ side pierced; Christ seen and they were glad at His appearance;
20:21       Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you:  as My Father hath sent Me, even so send I you.      And God said/spoke;    Christ declares peace unto them;  God the Father sent Christ;  Christ sends them as the Father sent Him;
20:22      And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost.       And God said/spoke (2);   Christ breathes on them; Christ commands them to receive the Holy Ghost;  God the HOly Ghost to be received; 
20:23      Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.      And God said/spoke;  Christ commands that whosoever sins they remit or retain it is done; 
20:24       But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didytmus, was not with them when Jesus came.     Christ came and Thomas not there;
20:25       The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord.  but he said unto them, Except I shall see in HIs hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into His side, I will not believe.       Christ seen and testified by other disciples;  Christ hands prints of the nails; Christ side;
20:26      And after eight days again His disciples were within, and Thomas with them:  then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.     Christ disciples together; Christ comes; And God said/spoke;  Christ pronounces Peace unto them;
20:27      Then saith He to Thomas, Reach hither, thy finger and behold My hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into My side:  and be not faithless, but believing.     And God said/spoke;  Christ instructs Thomas to touch Him; Christ hands; Christ side; Christ declares to him to not be faithless, but believe;   
20:28      And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God.      Christ answered; Christ testified to be His Lord and his God;
20:29     Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen Me, thou hast believed :  blessed are they that have not seen and yet have believed.      And God said/spoke;   Christ seen; Christ believed in; Christ blesses those that have not seen and believed;
20:30      And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book.     Christ did many signs;  Christ disciples;
20:31       But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through His Name.     And God said/spoke;   Christ is Jesus, the Christ; Christ is the Son of God; Christ believed on receives life;  Christ Name believed on;
Chapter 21
21:1      After these things Jesus shewed Himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias; and on this wise shewed He Himself.      Christ shows Himself;  Christ disciples; 
21:4       But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the shore:  but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.     Christ stands on shore;  Christ disciples knew Him not;
21:5      Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat?  They answered Him, No.     And God said/spoke;  Christ asks them question; Christ answered;
21:6      And HE said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find.  They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.      And God said/spoke; Christ instructs them what to do to seek and find; Christ obeyed;  Christ miracle of multitude of fishes;
21:7      Therefore that disciple, whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord.  Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.      Christ loved John; Christ recognized and known by John;
21:9    Christ provides fish and bread for them;
21:10      Jesus saith unto them, Bring of the fish which ye have now caught.     And God said/spoke;  Christ instructs them to bring the fish they caught;
21:11     Christ miracle of the draught of fishes counted as 153 and the net did not break;
21:12     Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine.  And none of the disciples durst asked Him, Who art Thou?  knowing that it was the Lord.     And God said/spoke;  Christ invites them to come and dine; Christ did not asks Christ Who He was;  Christ know it was the Lord;
21:13     Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.     Christ come to them; Christ gives them bread & fish;
21:14       This is now the third time that Jesus shewed Himself to His disciples, after that He was risen from the dead.      Christ shows Himself the third time;  Christ risen from the dead;
21:15      So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou Me more than these?  He saith unto Him, Yea, Lord; Thou knowest that I love Thee.  He saith unto him, Feed My lambs.      And God said/spoke;  Christ asks Peter a question;  Christ ask Peter if he Loves Him;  Christ answered by Peter;  Christ loved by Peter, he affirms;  Christ knows Christ instructs him to feed His lambs;  Christ lambs to be fed;
21:16      He saith to him again the second time, Simon, sons of Jonas, lovest thou Me?  He saith unto Him, Yea, Lord, Thou knowest that I love Thee.  He saith unto him, Feed My sheep.      And God said/spoke;  Christ asks a question; Christ asks Peter if he loved Him; Christ answered;  Christ loved by Peter, he affirms;  Christ knows;  Christ instructs him to feed His sheep;  Christ sheep;
21:17      HE saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou Me?  Peter was grieved because He said unto him the third time, Lovest thou Me?  And he said unto Him, Lord, Thou knowest all things; Thou knowest that I love Thee.  Jesus saith unto him, Feed My sheep.      And God said/spoke (3); Christ asks question; Christ answered;  Christ knows all things (2); Christ knows Peters heart;  Christ loved;  Christ instructs him to feed HIs sheep;  Christ sheep;
21:18       Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest:  but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.      And God said/spoke;  Christ foretells Peter what shall be his end times and days;
21:19   This spake He signifying by what death he should glorify God.  And when He had spoken this, He saith unto him, Follow Me.     Christ foretells events of Peter's death to glorify God;  God to be glorified; And God said/spoke;  Christ instructs him to follow Him;  Christ followed;
21:20     Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on His breast at supper and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth Thee?     Christ loved disciples John; Christ followed by John; Christ breast leaned upon at supper; Christ asked question;  Christ betrayed;
21:21     Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?       Christ asked question regarding John's life;
21:22      Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?  follow thou Me.     And God said/spoke;  I will's of God to let him tarry till He comes if He so wills it;  Christ comes again; Christ asks question;  Christ instructs him to follow Him;  Christ followed;
21:23       Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die:  yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?    Christ words misunderstood; And God said/spoke; I will's of God to allow for him to tarry till He comes;  Christ comes;  Christ asks a question;
21:24      This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things:  and we know that His testimony is true.        And God said/spoke;  Christ testimony is true;
21:25       And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written.  Amen.      Christ works which He did; Christ works not all written and shared;  Christ works could not be contained in books for the world;  
 
Started:  October 18, 2021

Continued:   10/19;10/21;10/22;10/23;10/24;10/2610/27;10/28;10/29;10/30;10/31;11/2;11/3;11/5;11/6;11/7;11/8;

Finished:    November 8, 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBC 100 Hours of Prayer

100 HOURS OF PRAYER - DEC. 2023

Prayer Email - 100 Hours of Prayer for SBC - III